1. Navigate to the
Course Content Area (e.g. “Week 1 Module”) where the test is deployed.
2. Clicking the gray arrow to the right of the test name.
3. From the test menu, select
4. Scroll to the
Test Availability Exceptions category.
Add User or Group.
6. Find a specific student using the search tool at the top of the page. Use the first drop-down menu to use different
search limits. (e.g. First Name, Last Name, Group Name, User ID, Any). Click
Go to find the specific student or group.
7. Select a student by clicking on the checkbox to the left of the user’s name.
8. Click Submit at the bottom of the screen.
NOTE: In order to set an exception for a specific student, you will have to check that specific option under
Test Availability for all students. Example: If the test does not have a timer, you will not be able to add an exception for time.
9. If the settings exist for a test, you can create the following exceptions:
a. Number of attempts
i. The number of attempts option is available under
Attempts. You are able to choose three options when
utilizing the drop-down menu: Single Attempt, Multiple Attempts, Unlimited Attempts.
i. The extended time option is available under the
Timer category. You will need to check the box and then
specify a time limit. Time must be provided in minutes.
Display After and
Display Until option is available under
Availability. Enter the correct dates and
Availability exception overrides
Display After and
Display Until settings under the
Test Availability category. It will
not override settings under
Due Date, if you check the box
Do not allow students to start the Test if the due date has passed.
d. Force Completion
Force Completion option is located under
Options. You will need to check the box to use this
NOTE: If you want to remove a user’s exceptions, click on the
X to the right of the user or click
Remove All Exceptions to clear all users.
10. When you are finished adding students, select Submit at the bottom right of the screen. If you do not click Submit, your exceptions and settings will not be implemented.