Analytics are a good way to track the viewing of video/audio content. It is a good way to find out if students are viewing video/audio content, which content students are viewing the most, and which topics challenge your students the most.
To see a list of available UC Kaltura MediaSpace sites, click HERE.
1. After successful navigation to My Media in Blackboard or MediaSpace, click
Guest and a drop-down menu will appear.
2. Select Login.
3. Enter your Central Login Service (6+2) username and password and click Log In.
4. Click your name in the top-right corner, and then select My Media from the drop-down menu.
5. Choose the media that you would like to look at the analytics for by selecting either the thumbnail or the title of the media. If you are having difficulty finding your video, try sorting the list alphabetically. You can also search by the title of your video.
6. Click Actions button and then select Analytics
7. This brings up the Analytics page which includes the Dashboard, Channels, Categories, Quiz Questions (if the media has a quiz) and Users tab.
a. Dashboard tab – Generalized data for the media
i. Visits – number of times users visited video page
ii. Plays – number of times users played video
iii. View Drop Off – average percentage of video viewed before closed
iv. Average View Time
vi. Top Plays in Channels – Channels in which the video is played most often (if published in any channels)
vii. Top Plays in Categories – Categories in which the video is played most often (if located in any categories)
viii. Top Engaged Users – Users who have the most plays on that specific video
b. Channels Tab
c. Categories Tab
d. Users Tab – More detailed data about individual users interaction with the media
i. User Name
ii. Plays – number of times user played video
iii. Visits – number of times user visited video page
iv. Plays to Visits Ratio – percentage of times user played video for all visits
v. Avg. Drop Off – average percentage of video watched before closed
vi. Avg. View Time – average amount of time video played
vii. Total View Time – Total amount of time video has played