How to add/change collaboration settings for Kaltura Media
1. Navigate to your college specific Kaltura MediaSpace, or use the main UC MediaSpace @ uc.mediaspace.kaltura.com. You can also login to canopy.uc.edu and click on My Media. To see a list of available UC Kaltura MediaSpace sites, click HERE.
2. After successful navigation to your MediaSpace, click Guest in the top-right corner and a drop-down menu will appear.
3. Select Login.
4. Enter your Central Login Service (6+2) username and password and click Log In.
5. Click your name in the top-right corner, and then select My Media from the drop-down menu.
6. Select the video you would like to add a co-editor or co-publisher by clicking on the thumbnail or title of the video.
7. Click Actions then click Edit from the drop-down menu.
8. Click the Collaboration button.
Co-editors can edit the media details and metadata, trim media, replace media, edit captions, edit chapters and slides (but they cannot delete media or add new co-editors and co-publishers).
Co-Publishers can publish the media to their courses and share it with others.
9. To add co-editors or co-publishers, click Add Collaborator.
10. Enter the 6+2 username of the user you wish to add. If the user is being added as a co-editor or co-publisher, specify that by selecting the appropriate option. Then click Add.
11. Click Save. Under the Collaboration area, a list of users that have access to your media can be found.
To View Media shared with you
In My Media, there is now an additional filter to “View Media". The options are:
• I Own - owner of media
• I Can Publish - co-publisher
• I Can Edit - co-editor
Selecting one of these filters displays the entries where you have that collaborative privilege.