Recording PowerPoint slides enables viewers to easily navigate through a video by jumping to a specific slide, or by searching through the text in the slide. Each PowerPoint slide you use during the recording creates a chapter in the recording.
Navigate to Blackboard and login
Under UC Tools, click My Media.
Click the Add New button, then click Kaltura Capture.
The Kaltura Capture application will open.
You will need to select full screen to record. PowerPoint must be in slide show mode so that chaptering and text indexing will happen automatically.
Note: you can also record with your webcam during a presentation recording.
Make sure your PowerPoint presentation is open.
Click the record button on the left to start recording.
A countdown will begin in the center of the screen. The recording will begin when this countdown ends.
8) The recording tools window will open at the bottom right of the screen.
a) To minimize the window (so it isn’t in the recording) click the () button at the top right of the window.
b) To pause the recording, click the record button again.
c) To stop/finish the recording, click the stop button.
d) To cancel the recording, click the X button.
Once the recording has started, begin slide show mode for your PowerPoint presentation.
Note: You will begin the presentation after starting the recording because you will need to be in slide show mode to present.
10) Progress through your slides like you normally would. When you are finished, click the Stop button in the recording tools window to finish the recording.
After finishing the recording, a window will open where you can preview the video before uploading it to My Media. Provide a title, description, and any relevant tags for the media. You have the option to save the video file to your device only (by clicking Save) or save the video and upload it to My Media (by clicking Save & Upload). Any editing that you would like to do will happen in My Media.
The slides are uploaded as images and are set to chapters at their designated time stamps in the recording.
12) When using multiple screens, slides are only captured and recorded from the screen being recorded.
13) If PowerPoint is opened in Protected Mode, slides cannot be captured in the recording. The following message will be displayed. PowerPoint is running in protected mode - no slides will be captured". You may click Enable Editing and create an identical PowerPoint presentation to use with Kaltura Personal Capture.
14) PowerPoint Viewer is not supported in this release.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please contact the
IT@UC Service Desk at (513)556-4357.