Skype for Business/Lync caches files locally on a PC or MAC to pull information quickly and efficiently. Common reasons that you will want to clear the Lync cache include:
- You can't log in to Lync.
- Your Outlook and Lync integration is not functioning properly.
- You have issues with the Presence indicator.
- Your Contact list is out of date.
- You cannot search for users in Lync.
To clear the cache in Windows Skype for Business/Lync 2010 or 2013
- Click the gear in top right-hand corner.
- Choose File – Sign Out to log out of Lync.
- On the Sign In window, choose the link to Delete my sign-in info.
- In the pop-up window to forget sign in info, click Yes.
- Click the gear, choose File> Exit to exit and close Lync.
- Open the Run bar (in Windows, click the Start button, type Run in the search bar)
- In the Run popup window type %AppData% and click OK.
- Verify that the window opens in the AppData directory
- For Skype for Business and Lync 2013, navigate to Local\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Lync\
OR for Lync 2010, navigate to \Local\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Lync\ .
- Locate the sip_YourProfileName folder and delete it.
If you do not see this folder, check the \Local\Microsoft\Communicator directory.
- Open the Tracing folder and delete all files in in it. Do not delete the Tracing folder itself.
If you receive a message that the action can't be completed because a file is Open or that you need Administrator permission to delete a file, click the Skip button.
- Open a command prompt (in Windows, click the Start button, type Cmd and select the command prompt from the menu.
- In the Command Prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns and press the enter key on your keyboard to clear the DNS cache. Once complete, click the X in top right corner to close the cmd window.
- Click the Windows Skype for Business/Lync icon to reopen the program.
To clear the cache in Lync 2011 for MAC
- Log out and quit Lync.
- Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in /users/<MacUsername>/library and delete the following files:
Go to Finder > press Command+Shift+G > type in /users/<MacUsername>/documents > navigate to Microsoft User Data and delete the following folders: /Microsoft Lync Data and /Microsoft Lync History.Open Keychain Access from the /Applications/Utilities folder and delete all keychains starting with OC__KeyContainer.In your Login keychain, delete all e-mail address certificates.Empty Trash.Click the Windows Skype for Business/Lync icon to reopen the program.
- Caches > com.microsoft.Lync
- Internet Plug-Ins > MeetingJoinPlugin.plugin
- Keychains > all files beginning with OC__KeyContainer
- Logs > Microsoft-Lync-x.log and Microsoft-Lync.log
- Preferences > com.microsoft.Lync.plist
- Preferences > ByHost > MicrosoftLyncRegistrationDB.xxxx.plist
If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact the IT@UC Service Desk at (513)556-4357 or via email at Helpdesk@uc.edu.