*Note: Users connecting to the Virtual Labs from off-campus will need to connect to the University's VPN service. Instructions for can be found here:
SSLVPN instructions for Windows
1. Click HERE to be taken to the download page for the VMWare Horizon clients.
will be taken to a VMware website. Under “VMware Horizon Client for Windows”, choose the appropriate installer for your version of Windows (32-bit or 64-bit) and select “Go to
3. Click “Download” and save the installation file to a location you will remember.
the file is downloaded, run the setup file. Click “Next” and click "I accept the
End User License Agreement". Click "Next".
5. For the “Default View Connection Server” enter “ucvlabs.uc.edu” Click "Next"
6. Click “Next” when prompted and then click “Install”.
7. Once the installation completes Click "Finish"
8. Restart your computer to complete the installation.
9. Once your computer is restarted, launch
the VMware Horizon Client,
10. You should see the ucvlabs.uc.edu server listed.
11. You will be prompted for a username and password. For the username enter your 6+2 username and the password will be your central login service (CLS) password. Click "Login".
you login, click "Virtual Lab Pilot". and then click "Connect"
13. A Windows desktop should now appear.
Congratulations, you are now connected to the UCIT Virtual labs!
have any questions or concerns, please contact the UCIT Integrated Service Desk
at (513) 556-HELP (4357) or email email@example.com.