After recording and uploading your video, you will be able to access it under My Media on your Blackboard Dashboard. The Kaltura Media Editor in My Media allows for users to trim the beginning or end of videos. This feature is limited, however, to the beginnings and ends of videos. Sections in the middle cannot be removed at this time.
Launching the Kaltura Media Editor
1. Go to My Media and then click on the video or the title of the video you would like to edit.
2. Once the video loads, click on the Actions button and select Launch Editor.
The new Kaltura editor will launch.
Left Pane: Displays your media details. The left pane may be minimized by clicking the open/close left pane button.
Right pane – Consists of:
• Media Player - The Kaltura Editor Player defined in the Editor Module by your system administrator.
• Real-Time Input
• Play/Pause/Skip to start/Skip to end Buttons
• Preview button – marked as the eye icon
• Reset icon
• Zoom marker
Bottom pane – Includes the Timeline. - The Timeline can be zoomed in/out to allow improved granulation of the time line, and fine-tuning, and give a broader perspective when zoomed out.
To zoom in/out and reset the Timeline
1. Drag the Zoom marker to the level of granularity you want to see. This naturally will increase the length of the visible Timeline, since more frames will be viewable.
2. Click the Reset Icon – to reset the Timeline to its last saved state.
When creating a media clip, each clip becomes its own media entry. The clipping tool enables you to edit your media using the timeline or by setting the start time and end time of your new clip.
1. Using the handle bars at the beginning and end of the new clip, drag the bars to where you would like the video to start and stop.
Save A Copy. This will create a new clip.
3. Enter a title. You can either use the suggested title (indicating that this video is a clip) or create a new title. A confirmation box is displayed, and the new media appears in My Media.
Trimming enables you to edit the start time and end time of your media. Trimming a video effects your original video. Any changes you make will be permanent.
1. Using the handle bars at the beginning and end of the clip, drag the bars to where you would like the video to start and stop.
Save. This will not preserve the original clip.