Automatic install (Automatic Installation is currently only compatible with Firefox for Mac)
1. Open a web browser and go to https://sslvpn.uc.edu. Log in with your CLS credentials.
2. Once logged in, there will be a “Client Application Sessions” section with Pulse Secure listed. To the right of that there will be a start button. Click “Start” to initiate the client download and installation.
a. Java must be installed for this auto installation to work. You may receive a prompt asking to allow or block the java process. You must
allow it to continue with the installation.
b. If you are unable to run the auto install for any reason, see the manual install instructions below.
3. Depending on your machine security settings, you may receive several popup windows asking to allow permissions for Java to install the Pulse Secure client. Please read these carefully to ensure you are permitting the desired application.
4. One the client is installed, it will automatically create an sslvpn.uc.edu profile and connect.
5. To disconnect the VPN client, open the Pulse Secure client and click “Disconnect”
6. For future connections to the VPN you will only need to open the Pulse Secure client and click “Connect” next to the desired profile.
Manual Install (For all Browsers)
a web browser and go to https://sslvpn.uc.edu/test.
Log in with your CLS credentials.
the “Web Bookmarks”, click on “Pulse Secure for
MAC” for your machine. This will start the download of the
to the folder location on your computer where the Pulse Secure file was saved.
Double click on the .dmg file to mount it and start the installation
the installation begins, click “Continue”.
the installation location and click “Install” to continue.
the installation is complete, click “Close”.
the Pulse Secure client by clicking the icon in the toolbar and select “Open
the “+” button on the bottom left of the client window to add a new connection
“Type” set to UAC or SSL-VPN. Set “Name” and “Server URL” to: sslvpn.uc.edu.
*If connecting to a different realm (i.e.
rsa), enter the URL as sslvpn.uc.edu/<realm> (i.e. sslvpn.uc.edu/rsa)
10. Select the connection
named “sslvpn.uc.edu”. Click “Connect”.
11. Enter your CLS
username and password. Click “Connect”.
***CAUTION: If using a public/shared computer, please do NOT save your username
12. To disconnect the
client, click “Disconnect” next to the vpn profile.
13. Future connections
will only require you to open Pulse Secure and click “Connect” on the desired
profile. You will not need to login via a web browser.
If you have any questions or need assistance with this, please contact the UCIT Help Desk at (513)556-4357 or via email at Helpdesk@uc.edu