Each summer new UC students, along with their teachers and mentors, read a book that prompts thoughtful discussion about matters of importance for the Bearcat community. You can learn more about the UC Common Read by visiting https://www.uc.edu/fye/FYCommonReading.html.
Below we will walk through the steps for activating a copy of the Common Read title on the BryteWave powered by VitalSource Bookshelf.
2. Login to Blackboard using your central login service (CLS) credentials.
3. Under My Courses locate and click on
UC17_Common_Read_001: Common Read 2017.
4. Once the course has loaded, locate and click on the
Common Read link in the menu area found on the left side of the screen.
5. Next you will see the
Common Read page. On this page, click on the title of the Common Read book to launch Brytewave Bookshelf.
6. You will be warned you are leaving Blackboard. Click the launch button to move on to BryteWave.
7. On the
Welcome to BryteWave page enter
your UC email address and click continue.
*Note: the format of your UC email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Finally, you will reach the
You’re Almost Done! page. On this page, complete the account creation form, and click finish.
*Note: This password does not sync with your UC password. Please take note of this password as you will need it throughout your time at UC.
9. Congratulations! You now have access to the Common Read.