Automatic Setup via Script
1. Click the following link: Windows 7 Setup Script
2. You will be prompted for a download. Select to save the file.
3. One the save is complete, run the UC_Secure_Install.exe file.
4. You will be prompted to allow the installation. Click "Yes" when prompted.
5. Once complete the installer will disappear and your UC_Secure profile should now be setup.
6. If you are on campus, you should receive a pop up in the lower right saying "Additional Information is needed to connect to UC_Secure"
7. Click the pop up and you will now be prompted to enter your Central Login Credentials. The username and password fields will use the same credentials as your
login for Onestop, Blackboard, and Faculty or Student Email
8. Click OK to login, and you should now be connected!
*Please note: If your device currently connects to Securewireless automatically, you will need to remove the profile before connecting
to UC_Secure. Instructions for doing so can be found HERE
1. Click the Wi-Fi
menu in the lower right corner of your screen and select
UC_Secure from the menu, make sure
“Connect Automatically” is selected and then click “Connect”
2. You may see one or more Windows Security Alerts stating that the credentials provided by the server cannot be validated. Click “Connect” to continue connecting.
3. Enter your UC Central Login credentials (Catalyst, Canopy, Email) at the prompt. Click
**Note: Some people may need to enter “AD\” in front of their username to authenticate successfully.
4. You should now be connected to UC_Secure. If you were not prompted to enter your username and password your computer may be attempting to log in to the network automatically with your login credentials. If you are unable to connect because of this, please complete the following steps:
A. Click the Wi-Fi menu in the lower right corner of your screen and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”
B. From the Network and Sharing Center window, please click Manage wireless networks on the left.
C. Double-click the UC_Secure profile in the list
D. In the UC_Secure Wireless Network Properties window, click the
Security Tab and then click the
Settings button next to “Microsoft:Protected EAP (PEAP)”
E. In the Protected EAP properties window, click the
Configure button next to “Secured password (EAP-MSCHAPv2)”
F. In the EAP MSCHAPv2 Properties window, uncheck “Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any)
If you have any questions or issues with the UC_Secure setup instructions, please contact our Help Desk at (513)556-Help (4357).